Friday, January 11, 2013

Katie Ashley - Tour

Katie Ashley 'The Proposal' - TOUR




In the weeks following Aidan’s betrayal, Emma has tried her best to move on. Ignoring his countless texts, voice mails, and flowers, she isn't sure she wants to be won back by him. But Aidan isn't going down without a fight—especially not until Emma lets him reveal the secret of his past that caused him to be so commitment phobic.


But fate intervenes when premature labor forces Emma on strict bed rest for two weeks. Aidan steps forward with a shocking proposal. To prove his love and commitment for her and their unborn son, he will take a leave of absence from work to care for her around the clock. Vowing to guard her heart, Emma reluctantly agrees.



While she is touched by Aidan’s attentiveness and tender loving care, Emma is thrown for a loop by the amorous attentions of ER doctor, Alpesh “Pesh” Nadeen. Pesh is everything Emma could ever want—successful, stable, and ready to settle down and be a husband and father. Pesh wants nothing more than to win Emma’s heart, but she is not sure she’s able to give it.



Her heart may still belong to the very man who broke it—the one who is so desperately trying to win her back.





Review : - 


First of all a HUGE thank you to Katie for the ARC she provided me for the book tour, I was so excited when I found out I would be reading it early that I almost did a little wee but managed to refrain from doing so and did a dance instead :)

Katie sure knows how to write an amazing story, she is able to create everything in one story, suspense  anger, happiness, a little sex appeal and above all romance . . . She is pretty kick ass right?

I read the first book in this series the day it came out and I have wanted more ever since, at the end of The Proposition we where left hating Aidan and possibly wanting some form of bodily hard to come to him, a light smack round the head would have sufficed nicely. Emma was left devastated and pregnant, not knowing what to do next but with the support of her best friend and Aidan's family she slowly worked to pull herself together, if not for her sake then for baby Noah (awe best name ever).

In the first part of the book it takes off pretty much straight after the first book and Emma is with Aidan's father as he taken to hospital for chest pains, it is then at the hospital that we have the first Emma and Aidan encounter and I am glad that she stood her ground, what Aidan did was terrible and I think the fact Aidan knew he would have to not just make it up to her and apologize but also prove that he was worth forgiving and trusting. 


With the stress of everything it is no surprise that Emma goes into pre-term labour, it is then where we meet Dr Dreamy, or Dr Nadeen, or Pesh whatever is fine with me. He soon gets into Emma's good graces and gives Aidan more of a reason to up his game. Personally I loved to see jealous Aidan it was a refreshing surprise from the alpha male cocky love hunk we are used to seeing. Don't get me wrong though I do love his alpha male ways. 


I loved watching Aidan earn his redemption, because as a character he was also trying to win us the readers back, we had to fall in love with him again and boy oh boy did I. Half way through the book I found myself rooting for him and wanting to tell Emma just to forgive him already but then I suppose we never would have gotten chapter 14 :') Now, I am not going to spoil it for anyone who has yet to read it but DAMN it was amazing, I found myself swooning and wanting someone to love . . . In the end I had to settle for a hot water bottle  . . . It just wasn't the same. 


I LOVE Emma's best friend, I think she could have a book all of her own she s just such a great outspoken character and I loved watching her tear down Aidan 'Twatwaffle' and 'DouchNozzle' will now be frequent words in my vocabulary. Watching Casey give Aidan hell was pure entertainment, let's just say he needs to watch himself around her and oversized bags.

This book should be on everyone's TBR list, I mean seriously get on it guys ;)

5/5 stars for this book, and I am practically bouncing in my seat wanting more from Katie.

- Do you think if I sent her chocolate she would write faster? 





Author Profile

These things always sound overly pretentious, don't they? 

*Strokes chin* What to say about me?!!! 

Anyway, I was born and raised in the burbs of Atlanta. I'm an only child with a large extended family much like the one in My Big Fat Greek Wedding...except we're Southerners. 

I have a BA in English, a BS in Secondary English Education, and a Masters in Adolescent English Education. I've been teaching English for twelve years in both middle and high school. I've also taught adjunct classes at a local college where I had students waaay older than me, and that was a weird one! 

I'm also a former cheer leading coach. Nothing teaches you about life quite like being stuck on a bus with a squad of fifteen year old girls!!









January 11 :Whirlwind Books (book review + author profile)

January 12: Kindlehooked (interview with Pesh)
                  Into the Night Review (book review)

January 13: iloveindiebooks (interview with Aidan)
                  The SubClub Books (book review + excerpt)

January 14: The Book Avenue  (book trailer)
                  
January 15: Literati Literature Lovers (live chat)
                  Flirty & Dirty Book Blog (interview with Katie)

January 16: Anna's Attic (interview with Emma)
                  Aestas Book Blog (review + giveaway)

January 17: Shh Mom's Reading (never before seen + book review)

January 18: My Secret Romance (interview with Aidan's nephews)
                  Three Chicks and their Books (book review + playlist)



No comments:

Post a Comment