Saturday, January 12, 2013

Airicka Phoenix, Touching Smoke - Review

Airicka Phoenix, Touching Smoke - Review



Secrets... 

Fallon has one. She doesn't know it, but it will kill her... if she’s caught. 

Love... 

Isaiah. Her soul mate. Made especially for her. Created especially for her. Designed to be everything she would ever need. But loving him will destroy her. 

Betrayal... 

Willing to die for her, kill for her, Isaiah must first save her from the monster chasing them — the man that had created them to annihilate the world. 

What would you risk for love?








This book had been on my radar for quite some time but for one reason or another I never actually got around to reading it until I saw a recommendation from one of my all time favorite authors Shelly Crane, It was then that the book became number one on my TBR and I was curling up to read it. 

Firstly I felt like smacking myself round the head because I hadn't read this story sooner, damn I thoroughly enjoyed it and I couldn't put the book down . . . who needs sleep when you have a fictional world to visit. This book was like nothing I have read before, it wasn't a recycled story line that can be seen in numerous other books, it was unique and had me utterly enthralled. 

Fallen hasn't exactly had an ordinary life, as long as she can remember she has constantly been on the move with her mother. They have never stayed in a place too long and every time she asks a question on vague answers are given.  But one day that all changes and her life and she knows it is completely turned upside down, shaken, stirred and then set fire to just for good measure. 

Enter the gorgeous blue-eyed boy, Isiah who seem's to appear just at the right moment as Fallen is attacked by someone who is somehow able to throw fireballs from his hands and saves her life but in turn changes her life forever as her eyes are opened to a truth that has been hidden from her for her entire life. 

Fallen is transported into a world where she has no idea who to trust and no idea what the hell is happening to her because surely no other 16 year old girl has the urge to bite people right? Well to bite one particular person and not in a 'I am just going to nibble on your lower lip' kind of way either. He journey becomes full of twists, turns, surprises and betrayals even the one person she thought she could trust ends up having told her nothing but lies. 

Isiah's is a great character and is the perfect person to protect and  help Fallen, he will not anything to make sure she is safe and out of harms way even if that mean sacrificing himself. After a few chapters you will find it hard to deny the connection between them, the chemistry is so prominent I am sure anyone in a close proximity could hear it sizzle.  


“What am I?” I whispered, my eyelids already drooping in the promises of sleep.
If at any point I doubted that he felt half of what I felt, he pressed his lips to my ear, and whispered, “Mine. Always.

4.5/5 for this read.



No comments:

Post a Comment