Saturday, January 19, 2013

A. Meredith Walters, Bad Rep - Review

A. Meredith Walters, Bad Rep - Review

"Who gives a damn about their reputation? Oh, that would be me! Especially since mine had gone straight to hell in the span of thirty minutes".

Maysie Ardin is soaking up the summer before her junior year of college, shopping, hanging by the pool and shopping some more. But when her black belt in spending lands her in trouble with her parents, she is forced to take a second job at a local bar to dig herself out of a deep financial pit.

She thought she’d be miserable. But then Maysie didn’t count on Jordan Levitt, the hot, pierced and tattooed, drum playing bartender who also happens to be very interested in her. And the feelings are totally mutual.

It had the makings of the perfect romantic set up. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Boy has girlfriend? Okay, maybe not.

But attraction is a hard thing to ignore and soon Jordan and Maysie find themselves in the middle of a gossip induced firestorm. Maysie has to learn whether she can set aside her fear of public disapproval in order to be with the one she wants. Or will she let the opinions of others dictate her life and her heart?


This book was something I was very excited to read, there was a huge hype surrounding it so I was very interested to see if it lived up to the very high expectation I had inadvertently gained and let's just say it was in no way a disappointment and I am looking forward to reading much more from this author.  

Maysie is a girl after my own heart, she very much like me has a shopping addiction but where I am forbidden a credit card she has managed to wrack up a huge bill of $3,500 on her parents card. Ouch. Subsequently she now has to spend her Summer vacation working her tush off to pay off the debt.

The solution to her debt? A job at her local bar with her best friend and roommate Riley, when she goes down to fill out an application something catches her eye . .  or should I say someone. Music god, tattoo'd pierced and all around hotness that is Jordan Levitt leaves Maysie with an instant attraction.  



It doesn't take long or even more than her first shift for Maysie to find out the attraction is mutual, they can't seem to keep their eyes away from each other and it isn't long until there are a few lingering touches that would leave any girl short of breath and in desperate need of a cool breeze. 

'He was flipping Amazing. And I was in so deep that I wasn't sure I could swim to the surface.' 

“I wanted to tell you that I couldn't stop thinking about your face. That you had burrowed your way so deep into my veins that I would fucking bleed you. That if I died tomorrow, I could go a happy man for having felt your lips on my skin.” 


Jordan makes it clear that Maysie is in his sights and he wants her, but then the poop really hits the fan in the way of him having a girlfriend and not just any girlfriend but the most perfect girl who happens to be the head of Maysie's sorority. Ouch.


Maysie then decides that she cannot let her feelings rule her head, she needs this job and Jordan is only a guy, granted he leaves her heart racing out of her chest but she cannot afford to mess things up and also loose her place in her sorority.

“I thought you were worth everything. That we were worth all the drama and bullshit. I am willing to fight to the death for what we have. But I can only do that if you’re willing to fight with me.”

It doesn't take long for Maysie to realize that the chemistry between her and Jordan is something she can overlook, and she knows that once she crosses that line she will never be able to take it back. Is she ready for her life to change? Can Maysie live with the repercussions of being with someone else's boyfriend or will she continue to run scared? 

Ultimately they both break to the sexual tension and end up kissing in the worst possible place. . . a bathroom at a party and unfortunately they are found out and Maysie runs scared. Who knew that once kiss could ruin your life? Vicious rumors start spreading round and Maysie finds herself in the center of a hate campaign. 


"Well, shit, Mays. Then you need to fight for him. Don’t give up on something like that. It doesn’t come along very often. And when you find it, you hold on tight. You lock that shit down with an iron fist and you never, ever let go. Even when life tries to take it from you, you smack life upside its head like a little bitch and you keep on fighting for it. You hear me?”

I loved this story it kept me hooked and wanting more every step of the way, Jordan was everything a guy should be and most certainly left me wanting a piece of him myself. The only issue I had with this book was the lack of communication in parts, if only Maysie and Jordan has spoken after incident things wouldn't have gotten half as bad for her. It also appeared that Jordan got away free and clear from the drama, it takes two people to cheat and I feel as though he deserved a bit more of the blame then he actually got. 

Overall this was an excellent read that I would highly recommend to anyone who enjoy a good will they won't they collage romance.

4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment