Saturday, December 15, 2012

Marie Coulson, Bound Together - Review.


Layla Jennings is a fiery, independent and level headed nineteen year old. Always playing by the rules and doing what’s right, she has been the apple of her father’s eye and her mother’s treasure. But moving to college in Long Beach is about to turn Layla’s world upside down. With the gorgeous, pierced, guitar playing, wannabe rock star Oliver living across the hall, Layla finds herself thrown into a world of music, money, torn friendships and blood simmering sexual tension. 

But on taking a job in a local coffee shop she meets the deliciously handsome Jared Garrett. Convincing herself that he is a waste of oxygen she tries to put the young successful business man out of her mind. But when he continues to show up she finds herself constantly thinking of him. Dazzled by his boyish good looks and discovering a whole new world of carnal and erotic pleasures, Layla finds herself falling head over heels in love but with Jared hiding a vital secret can she ever truly trust him?


Firstly can I just make a point of telling everyone how much I adore/love this cover? One of my favorites of the year, it's simple yet very strong and from the moment I laid eyes on it I knew I was going to be reading something special. It was a gut feeling and so far that has not lead me wrong when it comes to judging a good book by its cover. 

This book has me pulled in from the start and I didn't want to put it down, I needed to consume it all as quickly as possible. I even put on university work so I could finish my fix and yes this is what the book and the two gentlemen became my fix, a drug that while I was reading I needed. 

"You're my new addiction, my obsession and I'm hooked on you."

Layla Jennings has always essentially had to do the right thing in her life and please her parents and now is her time to break free and create her own identity. Now a university student and living in dorms she has the chance to experience new things. Sometimes I found myself very confused by Layla and her actions, she was very indecisive and you just wanted to yell at her to make up her mind but then I guess it would have been a very short story. This is her journey of finding love, loosing love and not knowing who she should love. 

"Falling in love is easy, letting that love go, is hard. But your heart will always have the right answer. You just have to listen to it and figure out what it's telling you."

Jared, Jared, Jared where do I begin? Firstly I would rather like you for Christmas, preferably naked and waiting for me in bed *coughs* I mean he was really rather a sexy character wasn't he? Like most men in books I find myself drawn to he is very self assured but not arrogant and he has that crazy possessive side that for some reason always seem really hot when written right and Trust me, Marie nailed it. He was also a romantic at heart and total closet sweetheart.  

"A gorgeous turquoise eyed blonde came crashing into my life and knocked me off my feet. She's fiery, strong and infuriatingly stubborn. I was hooked. She stained my shirt and stole my heart right in that shop and I haven't been able to get her out of my mind since. She's amazing and I've fallen head over heels in love with her. She's my happily every after."

Normally I HATE love triangles in a book, I like to know who is going to end up with her from the get go and know there is going to be a happily ever after. Somehow Marie makes it work and I enjoyed it.

"I'm serious Layla. I will not have that fucking little monkey trying to climb by tree! You're mine and he needs to get used to it."

Ollie Green, This is the king of guy i would want as my hot bff. Someone I could share everything with and not be afraid of looking my worst around. He is generally a sweet guy, someone who is loyal and would make the perfect boyfriend. Too bad Jared got their first and asked Layla out, you do feel sorry for the obvious unrequited love she feels for him through most of the book.

Marie has a beautiful writing style and found myself not being able to get enough of the amazing story line, I have seen some people say they feel as though it was too long but not for me. Personally as long as a book can go on without getting repetitive or boring I want to know as much as possible. I would rather read a longer book them be left with a feeling of a book being incomplete or lacking.

This book is an amazing read for anyone who enjoys a little kinky fuckery and romance, in my opinion there is nothing better :)

4.5 stars for this amazing debut Novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment