Sunday, December 16, 2012

Isabelle Rae, When Summer Ends - Review


Chloe Henderson has never been one to break the rules or push the boundaries… but during her summer break, she and her friends use fake IDs to sneak into a club. It’s there that she meets handsome and alluring bartender, Will Morris. The pair hit it off immediately, growing closer with every passing day. But as with every summer, it has to end sometime. 

Chloe’s senior year approaches and there’s a shock in store when she returns to do her final year at school. Will is there too, but he’s not one of her fellow students…

A tale of forbidden love, broken hearts, friendship, and rivalry.

Reading the blurb for this book I was instantly excited, It seemed to be right up my street and a book I wouldn't want to put down, in some parts this was true and in others I was left wanting more and feeling a little disappointed. This had the potential to be something special I was thinking a sexier version of Aria and Ezra from PPL but this felt nothing like it.

Chloe was someone who I found it hard to connect with and I think for a book to be amazing you have to connect with the main character and not feel as though you are missing something or not seeing the real her. I liked her in some part but in others I was left feeling mystified and a little confused.

Will seemed a little too intense and not in that sexy arrogant way that makes a character even better, I found some of what he said a little unbelievable and if I am honest I felt a bigger connection to his brother, now she has the sexy arrogance I need.

This book wasn't awful and there where some good parts that kept me reading until the end, at the end of the day I love romance that is my kind of book. I love happy endings and seeing the drama unfold until you reach them.  There are also some hot and steamy moments which give the book a bit of sex appeal and steam, there could have been a little more sex in this book but I wasn't left feeling unsatisfied. 

I would love it if Nick got a book, he was my highlight and I think he has the potential for a cracking story as long as the plot is tight and the author is fully aware of where she wants to take it. 

I would give this book a 2.5-3/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment