Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chelsea Fine, Anew - Review


Two years ago, Scarlet awoke in the forest alone, afraid, and unable to remember anything. Lost and confused, her life was a mystery...until she met a boy with a familiar voice. 

Gabriel Archer has a voice from her past, and Scarlet's determined to remember why. She immerses herself in his life only to discover he has a brother he's kept hidden from her: Tristan Archer. 

Upon meeting Tristan, Scarlet's world becomes even more muddled. While she's instinctively drawn to Gabriel, she's impossibly drawn to Tristan--and confused out of her mind. As she tries to piece together her history Scarlet realizes her past...might just be the death of her.

Anyone who knows me can vouch for the fact I am a huge paranormal romance fan, Yes I love my YA/NA/Contemporary books but ever since watching Buffy as a little girl I am always trying to find a good book (preferably a series) to sink my teeth into and become wrapped up in the world.

Ever since I saw the cover of this book I knew I wanted to get stuck in, I have a weird thing about covers if I see one that really makes an impact on me I have to read it and that is exactly what this did to me,

This book has a new and gripping story line, nothing that has been recycled a hundred times before, The writing style in impeccable and the character development and story progression keeps you drawn in and never wanting to leave.

Scarlet lives in a world where she is unsure of how she fits into, two years ago she awoke in a forest with no memories apart from her name; Who was she? Why is no one looking for her? What happened? Living a life where she is unsure of where she fits in Scarlet has managed to form only a few ties in a her personal life.

It is that time of year again, the time of year everyone seems to love and Scarlet detests; The kissing Festival. Personally I am with Scarlet on this one, kissing strangers and competing in kiss related fun and games is not something I would relish. But after being dragged to the festivities by her best friend the last thing she expected was to hear someones voice and recognize it.

“Scarlet raised her brow and shook her head. The kissing tradition was bizarre.
Hello, I’m a stranger. I’m going to kiss you now. Smooch-smooch.
Yeah, no thanks.” 

Gabriel, as much as I liked him I never felt comfortable in his relationship with scarlet there was just something missing, a hidden piece of the puzzle that you know is not going to be revealed until the last minute, possibly even the last book.

Tristan, yes I know he looks identical to his brother but there was just something so much more sexy and appealing about him his presence literally jumps off the page and screams at you, in a good way of course. You want him to be with Scarlet, you also want to give him a good kick every time his inner arse is brought out but there is always something about a bad boy that tickles my fancy. 


Gabriel glanced down. “Seriously, Tristan? You drive around with a trunk full of weapons?”
“Of course.”
“Why?”

“Because I’m the family bad guy



This book is original and entertaining and can appeal to many different people because of the diversity and writing style. This is a must read.

6/5 yes it was that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment