Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tiffany King, Miss me not - Review.


They had a pact. 
Leave the world behind much as they had lived it.
No one would miss them. No harm, no foul.
Their personal demons would be left behind once and for all. 
It was the only thing they could count on. 
It was all she had.

Madison Hanson has spent the last four years being a "shadow." Her parents ignore her. The students at her school stopped talking to her years ago, and the majority of her teachers forget she's even there. In her desperate yearning to leave her invisible life behind, Madison makes a pact with her only friend, James Garrison, to end their lives as inconspicuously as they live them. No fuss, no muss. No one would miss her and she would miss no one. Their plan is set, and it's all she can count on. That is, until fellow student, Mitch Peterson, beats them to the punch. Everything Madison believed in is shaken to the core when she watches the aftermath of Mitch's death unfold. By taking his own life, Mitch unwittingly saves hers. What a selfish prick. 

She is now left with the daunting task of living. Trying to bury her demons once and for all, and finally trusting someone with her fragile existence. 

Living is hell.
Death would have been so much easier

As much as I love a good kinky romance book I do also enjoy a good book that huts on a tougher subject and has a message behind it and that is exactly what Tiffany King has done and I love it. This book pulled me in from the very first page and I didn't want to put it down as I needed to know how things would work out for Madison.

Madison has had a tough life; he father left, her mother ignores her and everyone at school pretends she doesn't exist. All except James who has formed a not only a bond with Madison but a pack, a pack to leave the world together much like how they live now, without ripples or consequences. The last time Madison had made a splash her whole world changed and everyone turned against her.

- The plain and simple fact was everyone sinned. Either they were good at hiding their sins, or they weren't. I fell in the latter category. My sins had been featured front and center, on display for everyone to judge. -

One day everything begins to change, a fellow loner/freak Mitch Johnson commits suicide and Madison begins to see that maybe it isn't the ripple free escape she has always imagined it to be, maybe just maybe there are other options to think about.

"That Asshole Mitch Johnson saved my life today. What a prick"

That same day Dean enters Madison's life, Dean Jackson is everything a girl in high school could dream of; he is athletic, attractive and seemingly nice. He is just supposed to be Madison's one time tutor, but it doesnt take long for him to begin to work his way into her life.

”Would I really be missed? Would Dean miss me? I looked down at the flower that was still clutched in my hand and began plucking off petals. “Miss me, miss me not.”
 
This is an insightful read that shows a young girl growing up in bad circumstances before finally having her luck change, it is about trust and love and honesty. It is a brilliant read and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good YA read with a deeper meaning.

4.5/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment