Saturday, November 24, 2012

Michelle Valentine, Rock the Heart - Review.


For the last four years, good girl Lane has regretted breaking up with Noel Falcon. She thought she was sensible when she told him his dreams of being a rock star would get him nowhere, but now that he's a rock god and her career is stagnant, she realizes just how wrong she was. When Noel hires the marketing company where Lane is an intern, she’s forced to see him again. If she wants to land her dream job as executive within the company, she has to win him over and secure his account. Too bad Noel is still pissed at her for breaking his heart.

When Lane’s company flies her to a Black Falcon concert to gain Noel’s attention, emotions run high the moment she sees him and realizes she’s far from over him. But Noel’s countless trysts with groupies and his cocky attitude make Lane believe he isn't the same guy she once loved—now he seems to only want her body. Then after Lane discloses she needs him to procure a job, Noel proves he’s a changed man by forcing her to go on the road with him in order to get it.

After Lane reluctantly takes Noel up on his offer, she becomes willing to do whatever it takes to keep him satisfied, even if it means succumbing to his seductive ways. Lane soon finds deception is a dangerous game and she’s not the only one playing.



I make it no secret to tell anyone who will listen (and possibly run yelling after the ones who won't) that any book with a rock star (rock god, rock me in all the right places) is automatically a must read for me, I always get a little excited about reading them, okay maybe a lot excited about them to the extent I wake up on release day and become unsociable, and that is exactly what happened with this book.

I was sold and experiencing heart palpitations as soon as I read the Blurb for this book, not to mention the state of me when I then discovered Adam Levine was the inspiration behind Noel... mhmm Noel. Let's all take a moment to Google a picture of Adam topless and appreciate that for a moment . . . I need another moment . . . okay I am done.

Lane is just your regular girl, working hard to get to the top of her career choice even if that means starting off as an intern and doing anything that is asked of her. Even if what is asked of her is to interview an old boyfriend who happens to be in one of the worlds most successful rock bands, a career you once told him wasn't worth it and he wouldn't succeed in. 


 Noel is the kind of guy every girl wants to have a wild night with, he is successful, sexy and damn does he have the right ways to woo a lady. Unfortunately the only lady ever to woo him happens to also be the girl who broke his heart and possibly trod on it for good measure, and as much as he wants to hate her there will always be a spark between them.

"This next song goes out to the girl who shredded my heart without hesitation back in high school. It's called Ball Busting Bitch, and Lanie, this ones for you."


Noel is unpredictable, cocky and sometimes a straight up ass hole but hey aren't all the best men? Watching him change into the kind of man Lane needs him to be is interesting and shows the different sides to him. There relationship is more then a little rocky and you begin to wonder is Love enough to build a relationship on when there doesn't appear to be any trust?

The characters in this book where amazing and I am most defiantly in love with Riff, I expect my golden ticket to come any day now in the post . . . I am serious I think we would have beautiful babies. 

I cannot wait to read more from Michelle this book certainly rocked my heart as well as my knickers at more than one occasion.

4/5 stars.

1 comment: