Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lynda LeeAnne, Lexi baby - Review.


Alexis Sky Martine thinks of herself as the average girl-next-door that does what she has to do to get by, have fun and enjoy life. 
She is madly in love with her sexy, drop-your-panties-at-first-sight, hottie boyfriend who is equally in love with her; more like downright obsessed. He treats her like she is his heart; like he needs her to exist; like he would do anything in his power to make her happy.
Lexi knows Landyn James loves her just as much as she loves him, if not more. Deep down, she also knows high school sweethearts aren't expected to last, but their relationship is different. They are soul mates. Their connection is unbreakable.

What could possibly go wrong when you have love like that...?
Everything.
What will the future hold...?
Only time will tell.

The first moment I laid my eyes on the cover I just knew I was going to enjoy this book, do you ever have that? Where you see a book and you just know you are going to like it, a half-naked man with a tattoo does to me what dangling chocolate in front of a girl on a diet is; my mouth starts to water and I begin to feel these funny feelings in my tummy . . . okay maybe more like in my nether regions but it is a funny feeling all the same.

Alexis, or Lex as she prefers to be called is just your average girl in high school about to graduate; she has a boyfriend, best friend and parents who closely resemble middle aged hippies. Her life is going good, great even, she knows what she wants from the future and exactly who she wants to spend it with.

Lan gave me a beautiful white gold promise ring. He said, “Lexi, baby, I love you. This is so damn cheesy, but I want you to have this as a promise of our life together. I swear, as soon as I can afford it, I’ll replace this with a diamond. Just stop worrying about what’s going to happen between us, okay? You’re mine Lexi and everything’s going to be fine.”


Everything is going to plan that is until one night she catches her boyfriend in the act with another woman, some hussy called Destiny (even the name sounds hussy like). Deciding she has had enough she tells Layden exactly where he can shove the relationship and she takes off best friend in tow to move forward with her life, but sometimes things aren't that simple.

Fast forward six years and everything has changed, Lexi has a new life and a secret she has worked hard to hide from anyone from her past; she has a new boyfriend (possessive and sometimes  asshole like boyfriend but still). Then one night her life changes again and those walls she has fought so hard to build come crashing down again, Layden is back and he is back in a fierce way.

“I do remember exactly how I felt when I walked out and saw you; the look on your face. It was like being drenched with ice water and it sobered me up fast. I remember wanting to hold you and you looking at me like I just destroyed your life. And I knew I did too because I was destroyed and you were my life.”

Layden is the definition of pure alpha male, he oozes sex appeal and has the power to make your knees go weak with a single look, hell he was even raising my blood pressure and all I had to go on was my imagination. You can tell he is a good guy who made one hell of a mistake, and he has been living with that mistake for the past six years and will do anything to make it right. But first he must prove to Lexi that she is still his.

When his eyes hit mine something in them froze me in place. I promptly stopped laughing. He stalked up to me. “You think this is funny? Did you like him touching you?” Landyn growled. I didn't know what to say so I shook my head. “Take off your clothes,” he demanded.  “What?” I asked in a small voice. He ignored me and started unbuckling my jeans and slipping them off my hips himself. When they fell around ankles his hand hit my core.  “I’m feeling the need to mark my territory and I want you right here. Right now.”

I loved this book and cannot wait to read more in the upcoming series, this is an excellent first book and I would recommend it to everyone.

4.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment